The Stormwater Inspections Section is responsible for enforcing several components of the City's NPDES MS4 Stormwater Permit. These major components include:
- Inspection and monitoring of industrial activities
- Maintain an inventory of the stormwater drainage system outfalls
- Enforcement of the Stormwater Management Ordinance to prevent pollution
- Field screening of all drainage outfalls
- Collect and analyze stormwater samples
In addition to the above major permit requirements, the City's stormwater inspectors also look into citizen complaints regarding drainage issues or illegal dumping. The inspectors also inspect local food establishments and other businesses to ensure that they are staying in compliance of the City's stormwater permit. The stormwater inspectors are also assigned to construction projects throughout the City to ensure that proper best management practices are in place to protect water quality.
To learn more about the City's permit requirements, please click on the following items below.
- Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination
- Best Management Practices
- Construction Site Runoff Controls
To report any problems associated with the City's stormwater drainage system, or to report an illicit discharge, please call the City's Stormwater Hotline at 910-433-1613.